We are the #1 personal development and peak-performance company in the world and are looking for a Events Marketing Manager to join our dynamic team to support marketing strategy, on-site event marketing outcomes, and to help drive sales at our live events.
This is a full-time position and answers directly to the Marketing Director. The role requires 40% travel, but please note that at times it will seem like more or less, depending on event schedules.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working in a creative / marketing environment with at least five years of event marketing & project management experience. They will be well-versed in planning on-site marketing programs across multiple media and supporting a range of on-site sales needs (e.g., on-site collateral, sales presentations, breakout sessions, speaker preparation and other supporting services). They will be able to use their marketing experience alongside project management abilities to support the achievement of all on-site marketing and sales goals and outcomes through effective execution, with the ability to adapt to opportunities and needs that arise.
This position requires someone with a strong background in project management, plus the ability to write and develop sales language. They must have extraordinary organizational and communication skills and understand the way marketing and sales impacts people behaviorally and emotionally.
The Events Marketing Manager maintains and grows our brands on-site on an ongoing and project basis for all national and international events. They direct and coordinate the day-to-day on-site marketing efforts on behalf of the client’s product and/or service; this includes the development and execution of on-site plans and post-event communications. Duties include…
- Coordination and preparation of materials, booths and products to ensure things arrive at the event when they need to
- Collaboration with the marketing team on all marketing event materials onsite; working with marketing production to ensure that all required marketing materials for events are produced, in the warehouse and shipped to and from events as well as ensure materials are setup and distributed onsite
- Preparation of all sales pitches, which includes collaboration with key sales leaders and outside partners
- Creation of on-site event marketing plans
- Support all on-site sales initiatives
- Produce / oversee setup / maintenance booths
- Oversee on-site marketing outcomes
- Support breakout sessions from a marketing perspective
- Support / act as liaison with event talent to achieve on-stage marketing outcomes, including helping talent prep for pitch, slide presentation help and teleprompter notes
The Ideal Candidate
This is a position where change is the only constant. Whether you’re at the office or on the road supporting a live event, a person in this position will be kept on their toes constantly. Certainty-driven personalities will have a difficult time integrating with the environment. This is not a 9-5 type of position. The environment is fast-paced and highly demanding.
The type of person who thrives in this position is balanced and flexible, not too rules-driven but has very strong attention to detail. This position requires consistent, top-quality work performance, a strong work ethic and the ability to manage various touchpoints while keeping a positive and authentically upbeat attitude.
We are a small, close-knit team with a work-hard play-hard mentality. The ideal candidate is someone that after a 20-hour flight, a late night and little sleep, can roll up their sleeves, laugh and smile.
- Has a vibrant, enthusiastic and grounded personality; is able to connect and communicate easily and efficiently with all team members and client end users
- Can handle large amounts of uncertainty during periods of large work volume and high amounts of work travel
- Is ‘count-onable,’ experienced, passionate and professional; someone who wants to join an innovative and internationally renowned company that serves in making a difference in the lives of hundreds of thousands of people around the world
- Isn’t solely looking to enter into a position for their own growth or gain, but is someone who wants to serve a greater good
- Is confident and certain in the work they produce
Our ideal candidate is intelligent, resourceful, dynamic and thoughtful; a creative individual who can jump in, roll up their sleeves to get the job done. People on our team have high productive capacities and are highly engaged in their work. In this position, you will get to see first-hand the positive difference that the team’s work makes in the lives of people around the world.
Someone in this position doesn’t take orders without thought; we are a team that takes initiative and intelligently adds value to all projects and outcomes. We are looking for someone who can multi-task and who embodies resourcefulness to make sure work always ships on time and in a way that supports all other team members, the team’s outcomes and the company’s mission.
Demands and Expectations of the Job
- Travel 40-50% of the year
- On average: 50-60 hours per week (some weeks will be less, some more)
- Handle a lot of last minute, urgent requests for research, preperation and materials
- Handle a lot of changes in directions (may spend a lot of time working on something and then have the direction of the project change or the priority of it)
- Extremely flexible
- High level of maturity
- Coachable/no ego and is a TRUE team player
- Ability to secure, manage & appropriate resources to get things done
- Outstanding communication skills / Ability to create strong relationships with other departments, vendors, contractors, key people from other organizations
- Ability to manage budget & office systems
- Strong ability to solve problems (creative problem-solving)
- Spontaneity; we need someone that can think and act on the spot
- We are looking for adaptability; the person who will best fit this role will be able to work well in an unstructured environment and be able to embrace change and has the ability to anticipate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or PR
- Minimum 5 years of experience in events marketing, on-site live-event experience preferred
- Well-versed in planning campaigns across multiple platforms
- Ability to self-manage while managing assigned teams and projects
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle a variety of projects, in an organized, time-conscious manner, adhering to both financial (budgetary) and marketing / sales goals
- Ability to self-manage, a team player, and team leader, with the ability to work with a diverse, cross-functional team
- Must live in the San Diego, CA area
- Travel to amazing locations throughout the world
- Work with the best of the best in the world in diverse industries
- Work in a socially conscious and mission-driven organization
- Flexibility in the office – managed by outcomes produced not by process (work-hard play-hard mentality)
If you are interested in applying for this employment opportunity at Robbins Research International, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to <ahref=”mailto:email@example.com”>firstname.lastname@example.org.