The Marketing Copywriter will play an integral role within our marketing team, creating sophisticated and compelling content — working across multiple mediums — for the incredible audience that Tony Robbins has built over decades.
You will deliver on the promise of the company to its customers with value-add material and storytelling based on his extensive curriculum and teachings, while also serving business objectives with crisp, effective sales messaging.
As part of the editorial team, you’ll also be responsible for defining and maintaining a consistent, engaging voice across all products and properties, as well as making sure content is accurate and appropriate, so superior editing skills and stylistic decision-making is a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write copy for email campaigns (subject lines, body text, calls to action) using a set of contextual parameters defined by marketing leads, such as audience, length, medium and desired outcome.
- Create copy for landing pages, banner ads, metadata, social media and other types of web-based content, as well as print collateral (brochures, posters, direct mail).
- Invent new product names, write persuasive descriptions and leverage customer testimonials.
- Write all content in alignment with brand guidelines, product/service positioning and editorial style guide; contribute to style guide as needed.
- Liaise with visual designers on art direction, and ensure that words and images (or video, audio) complement one another to convey and clear message or tell an engaging story.
- Proactively suggest and implement ways to restructure or change content to better meet user needs based on feedback, performance, analysis and observed trends in the consumer media landscape.
- 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 2 years with a Master’s degree
- Excellent research and writing skills; exceptional grammar and attention to detail. Identify and fix copy errors within your own work and the work of others.*
- Self-starter on writing projects, generating new, creative angles and storylines, but also able to take specific direction and quickly complete straightforward tasks
- A willingness to gain a deep understanding of the Tony Robbins brand and adopt its voice; the ability to switch vocabulary, tone and style from one audience to another
- Flexibility to jump between different projects and handle a rapidly changing environment while delivering high quality results, often on tight deadlines
- Experience with agile project management and associated systems, including software (e.g., Liquid Planner, Scompler)
*Can you find any grammar (not punctuation) errors in this job description? If so, please note them and their correction in your reply.
Nice to Have
- Experience in full-scale content strategy; understanding the big picture (the “why”) of the projects and tasks you’re executing
- Familiarity with SEO guidelines and best practices, working with agencies to meet criteria
- Interest in creative, narrative storytelling formats, for occasional contribution to the Tony Robbins blog and video projects
About the company
Robbins Research International, Inc., the research and marketing arm of Anthony Robbins’ personal development businesses, conducts personal development, sales and corporate seminars that cover a wide range of topics, from mental conditioning and personal achievement systems to communication and business mastery.
If you are interested in applying for this employment opportunity at Robbins Research International, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.