Team Tony cultivates, curates and shares Tony Robbins’ stories and core principles, to help others achieve an extraordinary life.
Fire Child, Water Child
Fire Child, Water Child is a revolutionary guide to parenting a child with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) that does not rely on medication or pathologizing your child’s challenges. This method, created by pediatrician and ADHD specialist Stephen Scott Cowan, helps you identify your child’s unique focusing style―wood, fire, earth, metal, or water―and calm the stress that can contribute to your child’s ADHD symptoms.
What is your child’s ADHD style?
• The Wood Child is an adventurous explorer who is always on the move but gets frustrated easily
• The Fire Child is outgoing, funny, and can be prone to mood swings and impulsive actions
• The Earth Child is cooperative, peacemaking, but can feel worried or indecisive when stressed
• The Metal Child is comforted by routine, and finds it difficult to shift attention from task to task
• The Water Child is an imaginative dreamer, yet struggles to keep track of time
By using this personalized approach, you will help your child reduce impulsive behavior, regulate attention, and handle school and home routines with confidence.