Team Tony cultivates, curates and shares Tony Robbins’ stories and core principles, to help others achieve an extraordinary life.
Where focus goes, energy flows
Create a vision for your business and your life
Do you want to achieve extraordinary results and fulfillment in your work, career or mission? If so, you need to get laser focused on what it is we really want and create a crystal clear vision of where we want to go.
As Tony Robbins says, energy flows where attention goes. To get what you really want in life, you need a clear goal that has purpose and meaning behind it. Once this is in place, you can focus your energy on the goal and become obsessive about it. When you learn how to focus your energy, amazing things happen. You get insights that weren’t available to you before. You run into people who seem magically put in your path to help you. You overhear conversations or stumble upon resources that further your plan. That’s the secret of how energy flows where attention goes.
When you have a clear vision of your goal and devote your energy and focus to it, ordinary time-sucks like social media, saying yes to things you really want to say no to and losing track of time effortlessly fall away. All of us have downtime – the time between work, errands, family time, etc. – that we can take advantage of. The difference between those who are obsessive about a goal and devote focus and energy to it and everyone else is that most people are stuck in reaction mode. Instead of developing a clear plan, the majority of people simply deal with situations and issues as they arise and never really get ahead.
Having a clear result or outcome and learning how to focus your energy on it immediately changes your behavior, giving you the momentum you need to take small actions daily that will lead to geometric results.
To learn more about energy and focus, watch this video from Tony, and then create a vision for your life and business below.
Here’s an energy and focus exercise to set and achieve your goals:
- What is something that you want to accomplish in the next 36 months?
- Why MUST you achieve it no matter what?
- What is one small action you can take right now to get started?
- What are some 6 and 9-month goals that you can set to hold yourself accountable?
Keep this somewhere visible over the next 36 months. Focus on the results you are committed to daily, and you’ll find yourself consistently moving toward the result you’re after – and very often accomplishing them faster than you expected.
Activities to help you focus your energy
Energy flows where attention goes. Learning how to effectively focus your energy is a necessary part of this equation. Here are some activities that can help get you in the right mental state to create a breakthrough.
- Meditation: Think you don’t have time for meditation? Tony is a strong advocate for making the time to meditate. There’s no excuse, especially when guided meditation can fit into even the busiest of schedules. Meditation is essential to energy and focus as it allows you to quiet your mind and take control of your thoughts.
- Exercise: Not only is exercise a necessary component of a healthy lifestyle, it’s also an ideal tool to focus your energy. There are thousands of examples of people having groundbreaking ideas while they’re on the treadmill or taking a hike through nature. When adrenaline flows and the heart is pumping, the brain is also working overtime on your goals.
- Music: As humans, we’re hardwired to enjoy music. When we hear music we like, our brains release dopamine and we get happier. Music expands our cognitive range, helps us increase energy and focus and can lead to impressive insights and breakthroughs.
Once you realize that energy flows where focus goes, you’ll understand the power of focusing your mind and becoming obsessive about the goals that matter to you most.