Team Tony cultivates, curates and shares Tony Robbins’ stories and core principles, to help others achieve an extraordinary life.
Winning in Every Stage of the Game
Successful businesses—ones that continually improve and produce consistent results—share a lot in common with high-performance athletes. Both must consistently outperform their competition and produce winning results. Creativity, discipline and productivity must merge into a force that’s greater than the sum of its parts. This is true whether you’re a small business or an Olympic champion.
Force #6 of the 7 Forces of Business Mastery, Constant Optimization and Maximization, is about your ability to take an existing core process, especially one that’s already been profitable, and execute it more efficiently, so that you are continuously evolving your business to the next level of success. Sometimes, the biggest growth opportunities don’t come from new initiatives, but rather from taking the core processes the business is already doing and executing them more effectively. A small incremental improvement made in a few key areas can result in geometric growth to the business as a whole. Here are four keys:
1. Develop the Mindset of a Champion High performers have clarity of vision— they attack their goals and are committed to preparing for “the game.” A champion studies the strengths and weaknesses of the competition, then develops a game plan that leverages his or her own skills and expertise to bring about the desired outcomes. It also requires effective leadership skills: having a mission or purpose that not only drives you, but inspires others as well. Stepping into that winning mindset—for yourself and for your team—is a must.
“Tony Robbins’ work has been an enormous source of strength and insight for me both personally and professionally.” — Peter Guber, Chairman of the Board and CEO Mandalay Pictures
2. Execute, Adapt and Routinely Optimize Your Results
To constantly optimize your business you must be completely focused and committed to the specific outcomes that will grow your business.
Opportunities for maximization can be found in almost every area of the business: lead generation, sales and prospecting, sales conversion, changes to your offers to lead to higher prices or additional upsells, etc. The key is to understand and document your company’s current process and results in each of these areas, anticipate the biggest areas of challenge and then mobilize your team with a clear plan so you can target specific improvements that will have the most impact.
Optimization is one of the most overlooked but important opportunities for sustainable, geometric growth that exists within your organization.
When you mobilize your team to focus on the biggest areas of improvement and create and implement a clear plan, the results can be astounding.
3. Use the Post-Game Analysis to Your Advantage
You can’t manage what you don’t measure. Learn from your experience and results. Evaluate your successes and failures, and in reliving the game, mentally prepare for the next one.
- If you lost, how will you keep pushing your practices forward?
- If you won, what factors contributed to your success?
- What were the key decisions you made, for better or worse?
- How will you maintain your strengths and build on your weaknesses?
4. Foster a Favorable Culture for High Performers
As a business leader, you know that high-performance organizations foster successful innovators, thanks to the alignment of several vital forces. Constant innovation, efficient business processes, powerful performance systems, and team competency and behavior all work in harmony inside the world’s top companies.
Agility is also essential—as it is for any athlete. To become a constantly evolving organization, there must be flexibility at all levels.
It’s clear you’re committed to taking your business to the next level. That begins with a conversation about Business Mastery, the world’s most powerful event for business owners. But hurry, spots are limited and acceptance is extremely competitive. Call the Business Mastery Toll Free Direct Line: 866-696-0679 or click here.