Signs of a passionate relationship
Are you in a passionate relationship? When we think of passion, we probably think of the “spark” or “firecrackers” of the beginning of a relationship. When you find yourself preoccupied with thoughts of your partner, constantly wanting to be with them, that’s a sign that your passion is growing – and that you’re falling in love.
But passion isn’t just for new relationships. All partners should strive to have a stage one relationship, filled with love and intimacy. This kind of profound connection is essential to the human experience – but it doesn’t always just happen.
As Tony Robbins has said, “Love is something that you consciously create every moment, every day.” You need passion in your partnership and in your life. If you’re lucky enough to have it already, you’ll recognize these 10 signs of a passionate relationship.
Ready to ignite the passion in your relationship?Get The Body You Deserve
Why is passion important in relationships?
Love and relationships fulfill many of the six human needs, such as significance, variety and giving.They’re exciting and inspiring, and they make life interesting. Scientists have even studied passion in relationships and found it contributes to greater satisfaction – both in and out of the bedroom – as well as happiness and well-being. It can even predict relationship success.
As Tony says, “The quality of your life equals the quality of your relationships.” Wouldn’t you rather have a deep, passionate relationship than something that feels more like friendship? The bottom line is that life is too short to live a single moment without passion – especially in your relationship.
Signs of a passionate relationship
1. You want to know everything about the other person. Long conversations don’t have to stop once you’ve been together for a while. There’s always more to learn – and you want to know it all, good and bad.
2. You love everything about each other. This doesn’t mean you idolize each other. It means that you recognize your partner’s flaws and love them anyway. This fulfills their need for significance – one of the deepest of the six human needs.
3. You look forward to the future together. Common vision is a powerful thing. Are you excited about spending your life with your partner? That’s an important sign of a passionate relationship.
4. You make sacrifices for each other. Giving is the sixth human need, and it’s the biggest key to a passionate relationship. After all, “The secret to living is giving,” as Tony says, so finding ways to give in tangible and intangible ways, especially in moments of spontaneity, can keep passion thriving.
5. You’re affectionate with each other. Touch is intimate – even simply hand holding while walking or touching your partner’s knee when you sit next to each other means you’re connected in a special way.
6. You can say what’s on your mind. It can also mean sharing negative feelings without fear of your partner acting irrationally. You know how to communicate and resolve conflicts without fighting so that you can say what you feel without fear.
7. You have fun together. Yes, fun! Passionate relationships aren’t all about lust in the bedroom. Strong couples have date nights, make new memories and laugh together. Variety is one of the six human needs, and it’s important in relationships, too. Keep things exciting.
8. You can be vulnerable together. Emotional intimacy is just as essential as physical intimacy. Are you comfortable telling your partner your most intense dreams and fears? That’s a passionate relationship.
9. Your partner inspires you. They push you to grow and become a better person. Growth is the fifth human need: If you’re not growing, you’re dying – and that includes your relationship.
10. You’re committed to making it work. Sometimes life happens, and relationships become less passionate. But you’ll recognize it, communicate about it and fix it, and that’s one of the signs of a passionate relationship.
Increase the passion in your relationship
You’ve probably also heard people say, “Passion doesn’t last” or “Passionate relationships never work out.” It’s true that you might find the passion dwindling, but you can get it back. As Tony says, “Focus determines direction. If you’re focused on building a beautiful, passionate relationship, that’s what you’ll achieve.”
Don’t settle for a relationship that’s just “okay.” This is your life partner – your one true love. Wouldn’t you do anything for them? You’ve already built a deep, lasting connection. Now you must commit to saving that connection, and rekindling the passion in your relationship.
Relationships aren’t going to be all firecrackers, all the time. But when you have a passionate relationship, there are always embers burning. You can have a fulfilling relationship with your partner – the time to start is now.
Ready to build the intimate connection you desire?
Learn how to pinpoint the signs of a passionate relationship with Tony’s Relationship Guide.