Unleash the Power Within Virtual September 2021 Pre-Event Assignment Terms
TONY ROBBINS GAP MAP CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: The Tony Robbins Gap Map (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, Australia, China, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Russia and the United Kingdom, who have signed up to attend the Unleash the Power Within Virtual Seminar and who, at the time of entry, are 18 years of age and the age of majority in their local jurisdiction. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, or any of its respective parent(s), subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, suppliers, distributors, retailers or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Contest, and their immediate family (spouse, parents and stepparents, siblings and stepsiblings, and children and stepchildren) and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s (“Entrant”) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon selected Entrant fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Sponsor. Sponsor: Robbins Research International, Inc. located at 9051 Mira Mesa Blvd., # 261229, San Diego, CA 92196.
- Contest Entry Period. The Contest entry period starts on September 2, 2021 at 12:00:01 a.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) and ends September 15, 2021 at 6:00:00 p.m. AEST (the “Contest Entry Period”). Entries received outside the Contest Entry Period will be void. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest.
- How to Enter the Contest. When you sign up to attend the Unleash the Power Within Virtual Seminar, scheduled to take place from September 17, 2021 to September 20, 2021, you will receive a homework packet via email (the “Homework Packet”). During the Contest Entry Period, to receive one (1) entry (“Entry”) in the Contest: (a) complete the Homework Packet by watching the video and completing the “Gap Map”; and (b) submit your Entry by uploading your Homework Packet to the link provided at gapmap.tonyrobbins.com. Maximum of one (1) Entry per person, per email address, during the Contest Entry Period.
By submitting an Entry, Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor the non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, publicly perform, stream, modify, display and disseminate the Entry in perpetuity.
Entry must: (a) be the original work product of Entrant; (b) be solely owned by Entrant and with no other person or entity having any right or interest in it; and (c) not violate any third-party rights including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, contract, and/or publicity or privacy rights, of any other person or entity. Entrant shall not directly or indirectly include any trademark, logo, or intellectual property in his/her Entry in any way unless owned exclusively by Entrant. If someone other than the Entrant has taken, captured or created the content contained within the Entry, Entrant must have prior written permission from such person to submit such content as part of the Entry, and Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the such person and provide such release to Sponsor upon the request of Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. By submitting Entry, Entrant represents his or her compliance with these terms.
Sponsor may reject any Entry in its sole discretion if the Entry in whole or in part: contains any illegal or offensive activity, or is obscene, defamatory, likely to incite violence or illegal; includes any material in violation of any third-party’s rights; contains material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating or mutilating of animals, discriminatory (based upon race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age); is threatening, profane or harassing; portrays Sponsor or any person or entity negatively; and/or which is otherwise deemed to be inappropriate or demeaning in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry must not attempt to duplicate any other Entry or third-party works. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry that is a duplicate or substantially similar to another Entry and Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any Entry that violates these parameters and/or any other part of Official Rules.
- Contest Winner Selection. At the end of the Contest Entry Period, Entries that comply with these Official Rules will be evaluated by a qualified panel of judges selected by Sponsor who will evaluate each Entry based on the following judging criteria of the submissions:
a. Creativity (33%)
b. Originality (33%); and
c. Dedication in fully participating in the submission of the Gap Map by providing clear responses that follow the instructions of the Homework Packet in filling in the Gap Map (33%).
- Prize. There are three (3) prizes available in this Contest (each a “Prize”). There is a single collective Prize pool for all participating jurisdictions. There is no guarantee that there will be a winner(s) in each of the participating jurisdictions.
First Prize: The verified First Prize winner will receive one (1) 5 night trip to the Namale Resort & Spa in Fiji for verified First Prize winner and his/her guest (the “First Prize”). The First Prize shall be comprised of the following: round trip coach class flights for the verified First Prize winner and his/her one (1) guest; five (5) nights accommodation at the Namale Resort & Spa at a “Garden Tropical Bure”; food and beverage package on; and ground transportation in Fiji only (not at the origin city). Approximate retail value of the First Prize: $8,321 USD. Verified First Prize winner may choose an alternate cash prize of $3,000 USD in lieu of the First Prize as described above. In the event that the First Prize is unable to be awarded as described above, verified First Prize winner shall be awarded an alternate cash prize of $3,000 USD, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The total value of the First Prize will not exceed the identified approximate retail value. Verified First Prize winner must schedule the trip no later than December 31, 2023. Verified First Prize winner and his/her guest must commence and complete the trip by the dates specified by Sponsor (exclusions/blackout dates apply). Verified First winner and his/her guest must travel on the same itinerary. If Verified First Prize Winner is unable to travel on the dates booked and/or provided by Sponsor, the First Prize will be forfeited and no additional prize will be awarded. All travel-related and other expenses not set forth herein, including but not limited to meals, ground and other transportation, parking, gratuities and incidental hotel expenses, are the sole responsibility of verified First Prize winner. Verified First Prize winner is responsible for all transportation, tax, license, title fees and insurance for transportation and other related, applicable expenses. Both the verified First Prize winner and his/her chosen travel companion must be 18 years or older. Verified First Prize winner and his/her travel companion will be required to sign a release before going on the trip.
Second Prize: The verified Second Prize winner will receive one (1) ticket to Sponsor’s Virtual Date with Destiny Program (the “Second Prize”). The Virtual Date with Destiny Program is a six (6) day program, which is planned for December 2021 and December 2022 (dates subject to change). Approximate retail value of the Second Prize: $4,495 USD. In the event that program does not occur before December 31, 2022, Second Prize winner shall be awarded an alternate cash prize of $995 USD.
Third Prize: The verified Third Prize winner will receive one (1) virtual photo will Tony Robbins during the Unleash the Power Within Virtual Seminar (the “Third Prize”). Approximate retail value of the Third Prize: Priceless.
All expenses and costs not expressly listed in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Verified Prize Winner. Verified Prize Winner will be responsible for all other expenses relating to the receipt and use of the Prize. Gift Cards are subject to their terms. Prizes are nontransferable and may not be substituted or redeemed for cash by Verified Prize Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, in whole or in part, for one of equal or greater value. All federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of Verified Prize Winner. Odds of winning any Prize depend on the number of valid and eligible entries received during the Contest Entry Period.
Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address and/or mailing address of Entrants, nor is Sponsor responsible for any lost or damaged mail.
- Verification of Potential Prize Winners. POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER(S) ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. Any potential Prize winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Sponsor may run a background check on any potential winner(s). The potential Prize winner(s) may be required to execute and return to Sponsor for its receipt within five (5) business days of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the “Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her Prize. Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, exercise its rights under such Affidavit. In the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or the potential winner notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable; (b) potential winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the Prize for any reason; (c) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods; (d) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Contest or receive the Prize; (e) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules; or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential Prize winner shall be disqualified from the Contest and an alternate potential Prize winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and Affidavit procedures in connection with the selection of alternate potential Prize winner, if any.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each Entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its designee(s) which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Sponsor and its respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, the Prize suppliers and any other organizations and/or persons responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s Entry, creation of an Entry or submission of an Entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of Prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of Entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or Entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each Prize Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of each such winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, now known or hereinafter invented worldwide, without further payment or additional consideration. Without limitation, Sponsor may post the Entries of each Entrant to Sponsor’s website and social media platforms.
- General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, or programming associated with or used in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error, which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) any injury or damage to persons or property, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize; or (f) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, by reason of unauthorized human intervention, spam filters, privacy settings, inactive email accounts or an entrant’s failure to monitor its email account. If for any reason an Entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. If, for any reason, the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, any governmental order, force majeure, epidemic/pandemic, social media mandate, printing, administrative or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination.
- Disputes. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, including but not limited to the Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of JAMS and held at the JAMS regional office nearest the Entrant; (2) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (3) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Contest), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Entrants further agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Contest Results. For Contest results, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “Winner’s List” c/o Robbins Research International, Inc., Attn: GAP MAP Contest, 9051 Mira Mesa Blvd., #261229, San Diego, CA 92196. Requests for the Winner’s List must be received by Sponsor within 60 calendar days after the end of the Contest Entry Period. Questions?: Please go to https://www.tonyrobbins.com/contact-us/
The one (1) Entry with the highest score will be deemed the potential First Prize (defined below) winner. The one (1) Entry with the second highest score will be deemed the potential Second Prize (defined below) winner. The one (1) Entry with the third highest score will be deemed the potential Third Prize (defined below) winner. In the event of a tie, the judges will select the Entry that was received first by Sponsor.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of any Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner(s) of any Prize may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to be awarded the Prize. All entry information becomes the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or cancelled.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE(S) AWARDED WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
EACH ENTRANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED BY HIM/HER AGAINST THE CONTEST ENTITIES. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
“CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, AND THAT IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASING PARTY.”
Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, Entrant agrees that, by entering the Contest, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.